La Quinta Luxury Real Estate
La Quinta is an in-demand address for the affluent who seek privacy, outstanding golf and tennis, hiking and biking trails and equestrian activities including nearby world-class polo. All this surrounded by a distinctive landscape of desert flora and fauna. Both fine and casual dining for all tastes can be enjoyed throughout La Quinta.
Known as the Gem of the Desert, La Quinta means ‘the fifth’ in Spanish, referring to the thirty-two expansive square miles that make-up La Quinta. La Quinta borders Indian Wells, which hosts the world-famous BNP Paribus Open every March at the Indian Wells Tennis Garden.
La Quinta is a place of beautiful desert mornings followed by stunning desert sunsets. Its prime location in the Coachella Valley remains a well-kept secret to those not familiar with the Greater Palm Springs area.
La Quinta is a Palm Springs area resort city that is well-known for its history with golf. Established as farming land in the early 1900s, La Quinta was thought to be too rocky for residents and used only for agricultural purposes. In 1926, an entrepreneur named Walter Morgan established the La Quinta Resort, serving as a much-needed getaway for celebrities, socialites, and businessmen looking for a desert retreat.
The golf course associated with the Resort took on a life of its own, and word began spreading about a luxurious resort hosting the first golf course in the Coachella Valley. Morgan’s establishment quickly rose in fame and respect, drawing elite guests from all over the world. Due to Morgan’s business ventures, La Quinta became an incorporated city in May 1982. As of 2010, the population of La Quinta remained steady at 37,467 and is estimated to top 41,535 in 2019.
Well-known celebrities and wealthy individuals from all over the globe who could live anywhere choose La Quinta. Celebrities including Merv Griffin, Arnold Palmer, and Jack Jones all have called La Quinta home. La Quinta offers some of the most beautiful homes that can be found in the Palm Springs area.
Types of homes found in La Quinta range from Mediterranean architecture and Spanish Colonial with inner courtyards and bubbling fountains to sprawling contemporary homes with walls of glass that open to take advantage of the views and the indoor-outdoor living that defines La Quinta.
Private gated communities and new developments offer a variety of options for your new dream home. The pleasant weather and sunshine keep the desert landscaping lush with native flora and fauna.
From luxury country clubs to premiere housing communities like Hideaway, The Madison Club, and La Quinta Country Club, La Quinta ensures a perfect fit to enjoy the desert lifestyle no matter what your interests may be.
Things to Do in La Quinta
La Quinta’s premiere location and affluent residents attract a variety of upscale shopping and dining options. The nearby festivals like Coachella, Southwest Art Fair and Stagecoach offer cultural experiences people flock to from all over the globe.
- The La Quinta Resort and Club Hotel welcome hotel guests who enjoy a full-service five-star spa experience and fine and casual dining options. Golfers still love to play the famous links there.
- The Santa Rosa Mountains offer walking and hiking trails for all levels from beginner to challenging.
- Shields Date Gardens is a must for sampling the dates that are still grown here and a perfect spot to enjoy a date shake.
- Locals love Old Town La Quinta for an outdoor village feel for shopping and dining.
- About five miles west El Paseo, Palm Desert’s luxury shopping and dining street which rivals Rodeo Drive.
- Want to walk on the wild side? Casa Mendoza provides excellent traditional Mexican dishes right in the center of the city.
- For a more familiar touch, Morgan’s in the Desert offers gourmet American cuisine at the La Quinta Resort & Club.
- Arnold Palmer’s renowned golf-themed restaurant serves steakhouse classics among the champion’s golf memorabilia.
- Festivals and concerts like Stagecoach and Coachella happen in nearby Coachella. Tickets must be purchased far in advance as they sell out immediately.
When you’re ready to look for your new dream home in La Quinta, you will discover a lifestyle where you can enjoy the best of everything without leaving the city limits. Get in contact with us today to learn more about your living options in La Quinta.
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.